The maddening world of self-help
Have you ever tried self-help, only to find that it did not work? It did not matter how hard you believed or how closely you followed the information in the book, it just did not do what the speaker or book promised that it would do.
This is an extract from Why The Law Of Attraction Is Bullshit: And What To Do Instead
Whether you are new to the world of self-help or you are experienced with the disappointment that often comes along with realizing that most self-help techniques are full of crap, this ends now. You see, I agree with you. The world of self-help is far from helpful and there is no amount of wishing or wanting that will bring the things that you want into your life.
There are a few problems that exist with self-help topics today. The one that does the most harm is the idea that you can send out ‘vibrational energies’ or a ‘mental frequency’ and expect to find success.
The reality is that you have to work for the things you want. If you analyze the stories of the people who are truly successful in their lives, you will notice that there is one common factor—hard work. People who have risen to the top in their fields of expertise have put in countless hours of work to set themselves apart from the competition.
Even though the law of attraction will not help you, there are strategies you can use to improve your life. Between the pages of this blog, you will learn:
• The science behind how self-help works when it does
• The reasons that techniques like prayer and the law of attraction only work sometimes
• What is wrong with self-help books today
• How to reevaluate your life to find happiness
• True strategies that you can use to change your life (if you do the work)
• How to analyze self-help books so you can find one that will actually help
If self-help was presented in a different way, it may be more effective.